If you’re looking for a stylish four-passenger cart that does a great job in almost any situation and at a price that’s hard to believe, I may have found it.
Today, I’m going to be doing a bumper-to-bumper walk-around of the Tracker LX4.
I will share everything I can think of about the LX4.
So if you’re considering it or another brand, by the end of this article, you should have the information you need to make a good decision.
Let’s get started.
Tracker off Roade LX4 at A glance:
The TRACKER Off Road LX4 is a gas-powered, four-passenger golf cart that’s designed for both on-road and off-road use.
It has a 13.5-horsepower engine, a 4-inch lifted chassis, and 23-inch all-terrain tires.
It also comes with a number of features that make it comfortable and convenient, such as a full windshield, a canopy top, and cup holders.
The LX4 is a popular choice for people who live in rural areas or who like to go camping and off-roading.
It’s also a good option for businesses, such as golf courses and resorts, that need to transport people around their property.
Here are some of the pros and cons of the TRACKER Off Road LX4:
|Comfortable for 4 passengers
|Not as powerful as others
|Handles on/off road
|Difficult to maneuver in tight spaces
|Good value for price
|Not as fuel-efficient as others
- 4 in. Lifted chassis and 23 in. all terrain tires and sport wheels
- LED headlights, taillights, and brake lights
- Headlights, taillights, and brake lights
- Cup holders
- Dashboard storage pockets
- Catalyst-styled muffler that surpasses emission standards in all 50 states
- Canopy top
- Split windshield
- Strut kit
- Electrical system Starter / generator — solid state regulator
Certainly! Here’s the information presented in a tabular format for easy readability:
|Continuously variable transmission (CVT)
|Transaxle Differential with helical gears
|Gear selection: Forward-Reverse
|Rear axle ratio: 11.47:1 (Forward), 14.35:1 (Reverse)
|Battery: One, 12 V maintenance-free
|Engine: 4-cycle, Air-cooled, Single-cylinder, OHV
|Horsepower: 13.5 hp (10.1 kW) Exceeds SAE J1940 Std
|Displacement: 401 cc (24.5 ci)
|Fuel Capacity: 5.96 gal. (22.6 l)
|Lubrication: Pressurized oil system
|Oil filter: Spin-on
|Air Filter: Replaceable dry cartridge
|Fuel Type: Electronic fuel injection (EFI)
|Length: 108.5 in. (276 cm)
|– Overall (Without roof): 52.5 in. (133 cm)
|– Overall (With roof): 83 in. (208 cm)
|Width: 48.5 in. (123 cm)
|– Dry (Without batteries): 870 lb. (395 kg)
|– Curb: 910 lb. (413 kg)
|Wheelbase: 65.5 in. (166 cm)
|Front wheel track: 38 in. (97 cm)
|Rear wheel track: 38.5 in. (98 cm)
|Ground Clearance: At differential: 6 in. (15 cm)
|– Service: Rear wheel mechanical self-adjusting drum
|– Parking: Self-compensating, single-point engagement
|Suspension: Leaf springs with hydraulic shock absorbers
|Tires: 23 x 10.00-14 alloy wheels
|Seating: Capacity: Four-passenger
|– Vehicle: 800 lb. (360 kg)
|– Fold-down cargo deck: 400 lb.
|Turning Radius: Outside clearance circle: 20.3 ft. (7.1 m)
|– Self-compensating rack and pinion
|– Premium steering wheel
|– Fuel gauge
|– Low oil indicator
|– Speed: Level ground 17 mph ± 0.5 mph (27.4 kph ± 0.8 kph)
|Colors: Red, Black
|Frame: Welded steel with powder-coat protection
|Body & Finish: Injection molded TPO
Tracker off-road LX4 reviews
Here is the detailed review of Tracker LX4.
Consider the size of the LX4. Is that right for you?
You need to know if it fits in your space, whether that’s a garage, a carport, or even an enclosed trailer.
The LX4 is just over nine feet long and four feet wide. The height without the roof is about four and a half feet, and with the roof, it brings it up to just under seven feet.
At only a half inch over four feet wide, the LX4 will fit nicely in many tight spaces that you may want to drive through.
Also, the LX4 can turn a 360-degree circle with an outside clearance of only 20.3 feet. I really like this feature.
Are you looking for a vehicle like this one to use around the neighborhood?
It can easily do that, but don’t let its pretty face fool you. You can also take it nearly anywhere you want, even off-road.
The LX4 has been lifted by four inches over what you find on some other brands. This allows much larger tires, and it all adds up to more ground clearance.
Now, this isn’t really needed on your neighborhood streets, but the minute you hop off the curb and go off-road, it makes a big difference.
The LX4 features a powerful motor, and along with the ground clearance and larger tires. It means steep hills, back roads, trails through the woods, low water crossings. And even travel across open fields is no problem.
Now, you might not want to drive through the sloggy bottomlands with mud up to your axles. But isn’t it nice to know the LX4 will get you through a soft sandy beach and down a muddy country road with no problem?
The LX4 features beautiful automotive-style paint for toughness and durability, and you can choose from two colors, black or red.
Sporty wheels complement the overall design.
There is a brush guard, a front fold-down windshield, and an extended hardtop to keep out the sun and rain. The lighting includes LED headlights, tail lights, and brake lights.
And with an optional Road Runner package, you can add a blinking turn signal and mirrors. We’ll discuss more options later in this article.
Interior Comfort and Seating
In the cockpit area, you’ll find a foot switch horn, dashboard storage pockets, a fuel gauge, and low oil indicator, plus cup holders and a premium steering wheel.
The LX4 is made to easily handle four people in comfort with front and rear seating.
The back seats are rear-facing, and there is a convenient rear seat safety grab bar in just the right spot for an assist when climbing aboard.
The rear seat also folds down to make a spacious cargo deck. Once the rear seat is folded down, that cargo deck space is limited only by your imagination.
With a 400-pound load rating, what will you haul?
Coolers, beach towels, and toys down to the boat dock from the lake house?
What about even putting the LX4 to work running to the store, working around the house with gardening, or even for scouting your next hunting season?
I hope you’re starting to see the LX4 can do nearly anything well.
Fold the cargo deck up, and you’re back to having four seats, and the LX4 is a great people mover, and even loaded down, this cart has the power to keep you moving efficiently.
Performance and Range
One of the first questions that almost anyone asks is how fast does it go?
Well, the LX4 will reach about 17 miles per hour over level ground.
How far will it go? Well, a tank of gas will take you about 150 miles.
That’s a very long way and should easily cover even your longest vacation without having to run to the store for more fuel.
Plus, you don’t need to worry about carrying extra gasoline with you.
Let’s take a look at something standard on the LX4, and that’s the front window and overhead canopy.
First, the window folds down or back up as needed.
Want to block the rain? Fold it up.
Looking for more fresh air? Put it down.
It’s simple and quick to adjust.
And speaking of rain, one difference between the Tracker LX4 compared to some other brands is that the canopy top extends 80 inches and completely covers the rear seats.
Now, I’ve looked at other carts that come up short here because they leave their rear seat passengers exposed to the sun and rain.
Now, I just want to get a tiny bit technical here, but I think it’s good stuff to know.
The Tracker LX4 has a 13.5 horsepower motor and is designed to work with something called a CVT transmission.
Okay, here’s what all means to you.
It just works. It’s reliable. It’s smooth and has great power, even when you’re fully loaded. And it won’t bog down on those steep hills you might have around your neighborhood or around that cabin at the lake.
First, CVT means continuously variable transmission. It’s much like the one in many of today’s cars, like the Toyota Prius.
The transmission doesn’t shift. And this means it doesn’t pause or jerk when changing speed. It’s smooth from starting all
- The LX4 is described as a versatile vehicle suitable for various situations, including neighborhood drives, off-road adventures, and work-related tasks.
- The no-haggle pricing strategy ensures a consistent and competitive price across all locations, offering potential savings compared to many competing brands.
- With dimensions just over nine feet long and four feet wide, the LX4 is designed to fit in tight spaces, making it suitable for various driving conditions.
- The lifted frame, larger tires, and increased ground clearance make the LX4 capable of handling off-road terrains, including steep hills, back roads, and soft sandy beaches.
- Automotive-style paint, color options, and sporty wheels contribute to the LX4’s aesthetic appeal.
- Additional features like a brush guard, fold-down windshield, and extended hardtop provide protection from the elements.
- The LX4 offers a comfortable cockpit with features such as foot switch horn, dashboard storage pockets, cup holders, and a premium steering wheel.
- Rear-facing back seats with a safety grab bar provide comfortable seating for four. The rear seat can fold down to create a spacious cargo deck with a 400-pound load rating.
- The LX4 can reach approximately 17 miles per hour over level ground, and a tank of gas covers about 150 miles, offering ample range for various uses.
- Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) ensures a smooth ride, especially on steep hills.
- Technical features like a 13.5 horsepower motor, electronic fuel injection (EFI), and a catalyst-style muffler contribute to reliability, fuel efficiency, and lower emissions.
- The LX4 is designed for easy service, requiring simple annual tasks like oil changes, filter replacements, and spark plug swaps.
- Easy maintenance contributes to cost savings at service centers.
- The LX4 can meet street legality requirements in many areas, with features like windshields, headlights, tail lights, brake lights, turn signals, and mirrors.
- The LX4 comes with a full two-year warranty, providing peace of mind for buyers.
- Limited Seating Capacity: The LX4 is designed for four passengers, which may be a limitation for those needing to transport more people.
- Limited Cargo Space with Seats Up: While the LX4 offers a cargo deck when the rear seats are folded down, the cargo space is limited when all seats are in use.
Tracker off road lx4 problems
Here are some common issues reported by LX4 owners:
- Engine: Some owners have reported issues with the LX4’s engine, such as loss of power, stalling, and rough idling. These problems can be caused by a variety of factors, such as faulty spark plugs, a dirty air filter, or a clogged fuel injector.
- Transmission: The LX4’s transmission can also be problematic, with some owners reporting issues with shifting and grinding. These problems can be caused by low fluid levels, worn-out clutches, or a faulty solenoid.
Here are some additional tips for avoiding problems with your LX4:
- Regular maintenance: Be sure to follow the recommended maintenance schedule for your LX4. This includes changing the oil and filter regularly, checking the fluid levels, and having the vehicle inspected by a mechanic at least once a year.
- Avoid harsh use: The LX4 is a capable off-road vehicle, but it is important to avoid driving it in harsh conditions that could damage the engine, transmission, or other components.
- Use genuine parts: When repairing your LX4, be sure to use genuine Tracker Off Road parts. This will help to ensure that the parts are compatible with your vehicle and will not cause any additional problems.