When it comes to seeking out quality bow manufacturers in Michigan, there is no shortage of options. With a rich heritage in craftsmanship and a dedication to precision, these manufacturers have honed their skills to produce some of the finest bows in the industry.
From traditional longbows to modern compound bows, Michigan boasts a diverse range of manufacturers that cater to every archery enthusiast’s needs.
In this blog post, we will explore the top bow manufacturers in Michigan and delve into the unique qualities that set them apart from the competition.
Bow Manufacturers in Michigan
Michigan is home to a number of bow manufacturers, producing both traditional and compound bows. Here are a few of the most popular:
Here is a list of bow manufacturers based in Michigan:
- Quest Archery
- Darton Archery
- G5 outdoors
- The Bohning
- Bivouac Bow Co
- Kwikee Kwiver
Quest Archery is a brand of bows that was introduced to the archery world by G5 Outdoors in 2009.
G5 Outdoors was founded by Lou Grace and his sons Matt and Nate in 2000 to market an all-steel broadhead called the Montec.
The company grew and expanded into the archery market with the introduction of Quest Bowhunting, which aimed to bring a bow built with the highest level of craftsmanship and quality to the industry for a good price.
The mission of Quest is to make great bows for a great price without compromise, focusing on innovation in design and manufacturing to create bows that perform well and are fun to shoot.
The company also focuses on innovating its manufacturing process to make process improvements and eliminate waste in the manufacturing process to keep costs controlled. The quality and craftsmanship that Quest puts into its bows is unmatched in the industry.
Unique Features Of Quest Archery’s Bows
Quest Archery is known for producing high-quality bows with unique features that set them apart from other brands. Here are some of the unique features of Quest Archery’s bows:
- Centergy Technology: Quest’s Centec bow is equipped with Centergy Technology, which features a center grip riser that gives the bow a balanced feel and reduces torque.
- Smooth-drawing: The Quest Rogue bow is designed to be smooth-drawing, making it a pleasant-shooting and forgiving bow.
- Affordable: Quest’s mission is to make great bows for a great price without compromise. The Quest Thrive bow, for example, is priced at $649.99.
- Machined broadhead guard: The Quest QS31 bow features a machined broadhead guard, which protects the bow from damage caused by broadheads.
- Let-off: The Quest Thrive bow has a 75% let-off, which reduces the amount of holding weight required when aiming.
- Noise and vibration reduction: Quest has addressed noise, vibration, and hand shock in a number of ways on its bows. For example, the Quest Thrive bow has a riser-mounted string stopper, Limbsavers on the top and bottom limbs, and a unique dampener added to the roller guard that has suspended weights built in to help reduce vibration and noise.
In summary, Quest Archery’s bows have unique features such as Centergy Technology, smooth-drawing, affordability, machined broadhead guard, let-off, and noise and vibration reduction. These features make Quest’s bows stand out from other brands in the market.
Bivouac Bow Co.
Bivouac Bow Co is a traditional archery manufacturer based in Marion, Michigan. Here is a brief history of the company:
Bivouac Bow Co was founded by Jim Belcher and Georgia Jeffrey. Jim Belcher was born and raised in Northern England and has been passionate about archery since he was a child. He has worked on projects alongside Hoyt Archery, Bear Archery, Mathews Inc, and countless other compound and traditional companies.
Georgia Jeffrey was born and raised in the small town of South Lyon, MI. She took up archery when she was 15 because she wanted a longer season to hunt Whitetail.
Bivouac Bow Co was founded with the goal of building and designing bows that perform well and are fun to shoot.
Each bow is handcrafted in a small Northern Michigan town, and the machines and sanders used are purpose-built.
Bivouac Bow Co sticks close to its roots and doesn’t follow along with industry trends.
The company’s flagship bow model is the Union Jack, which is a straight-ended, natural string follow longbow with the ability to throw even the heaviest of arrows down range.The Union Jack was influenced by the American Hill-Style classic and stays true to its origins, giving archers the simple thrill of shooting and “hunting the hard way”.
The Union Jack comes in lengths of either 64″ or 66″.
Bivouac Bow Co is all about having fun, and the bows are built and designed to perform. Efficiency is key for all archers, and the company strives every day to make its bows more efficient than the rest.
Unique Features of Bivouac Bows
Bivouac Bow Co is a traditional archery manufacturer that produces handcrafted bows with unique features. Here are some of the unique features of Bivouac Bows:
- Handcrafted: Each bow is handcrafted in a small Northern Michigan town, and the machines and sanders used are purpose-built.
- Straight-ended, natural string follow longbow: The Union Jack is Bivouac Bow Co’s flagship bow model, which is a straight-ended, natural string follow longbow with the ability to throw even the heaviest of arrows down range.
- Affordable: Bivouac Bow Co sticks close to its roots and doesn’t follow along with industry trends. The company’s bows are priced affordably, making them accessible to a wide range of archerbs.
- Quick: Bivouac Bow Co’s Union Jack bow is super quick for a Hill-style bow.
- Efficiency: Bivouac Bow Co strives to make its bows more efficient than the rest. The company’s Backland bow, for example, comes with an adjustable plunger that’s very low profiled that allows you to shoot off the shelf and has a locking nut inside the riser to keep it in place.
- Simple: Bivouac Bow Co is all about simplicity and having fun. The company’s bows are designed to perform well and are built to last.
In summary, Bivouac Bow Co produces handcrafted bows with unique features such as being handcrafted, straight-ended, natural string follow longbow, affordable, quick, efficient, and simple. These features make Bivouac Bows stand out from other traditional archery manufacturers in the market.
G5 Outdoors is a family-owned company that was founded in 1966 by Louis “Leo” Grace Sr. as Grace Engineering in Memphis, Michigan.
Over the years, G5 Outdoors became known for developing innovative manufacturing practices and quality products.
Lou Grace, along with his sons Matt and Nate, founded G5 Outdoors in 2000 to market an all-steel broadhead called the Montec.
The Montec is an all-steel 3 blade broadhead that was unlike anything else on the market at the time, and it remains one of G5’s top-selling broadheads.
In 2009, G5 introduced Quest Bowhunting to the archery world. Its mission was to bring a bow built with the highest level of craftsmanship and quality to the industry for a good price.
The company’s mission is to make great bows for a great price without compromise, focusing on innovation in design and manufacturing to create bows that perform well and are fun to shoot.
G5 Outdoors is located in Memphis, Michigan – in the heartbeat of American Manufacturing and just 50 miles north of Detroit. The company designs, manufactures, and assembles all its products in Memphis.
Unique Features of G5 Outdoors
G5 Outdoors is a company that produces high-quality bows with unique features. Here are some of the unique features of G5 Outdoors bows:
- Center-gripped riser: The 2023 Prime REVEX bow features an exclusive center-gripped riser that provides stability and accuracy.
- CORE Cam system: The Prime REVEX bow features the all-new CORE Cam system, which is the smoothest cam Prime has ever developed and actively works to reduce cam lean.
- Durafuse decorating process: The Quest Smoke bow incorporates the new G5 Patent Pending Durafuse decorating process, which delivers sharp, crisp camo detail and a finish that is more durable than traditionally dipped or painted bows.
- Magnesium construction: G5 Outdoors’ Optix bow sights are constructed of tough and lightweight magnesium, which makes them durable and easy to use.
- Spider Clip blade retention system: G5 Outdoors’ T3 broadheads feature a unique blade retention system called the Spider Clip, which keeps the blades securely in place during flight and upon impact.
In summary, G5 Outdoors produces high-quality bows with unique features such as center-gripped riser, CORE Cam system, Durafuse decorating process, magnesium construction, and Spider Clip blade retention system. These features make G5 Outdoors’ bows stand out from other brands in the market.
Darton Archery is a company that produces high-quality bows and archery accessories. Here is a brief history of the company:
- 1950: Darton Archery was founded in Michigan by Rollin Bohning, who began making leather archery accessories.
- 1961: Ralph’s son Rex came on board to head up Darton Archery. Rex began design work on additional products for the line, expanding into recurves and longbows.
- 1970s: Darton Archery transitioned to compound bows and became one of the few archery companies of the time that successfully made the transition.
- 1996: Ron Pittsley joined Darton Archery with the specific purpose of working with the company to redesign and produce a version of his popular Predator recurve bow.
- 2020: Black Eagle Arrows acquired Darton Archery, with the goal of bringing the brand back to market relevance.
Unique Features Of Darton Archery Bows
Here are some unique features of Darton Archery bows:
- Compound bows: Darton Archery produces only compound bows, and none with a long enough ATA to be considered a finger bow.
- Patented technology: Darton Archery has over 30 innovative patents for archery products.
- Underrated flagship bow: The Darton Spectra E is a sweet-shooting compound bow that can hold its own with any of the new flagship hunting bows.
- Quality bows: Darton bows are quality bows and highly regarded by those who shoot them.
In summary, Darton Archery produces high-quality compound bows with unique features such as patented technology, quality bows, cam system, color options, and flagship bow. These features make Darton Archery’s bows stand out from other brands in the market.
Kohannah Bows is a traditional archery bow manufacturer located in LaSalle, Michigan. Here is some information about the company:
- Kohannah Bows has been building custom bows since 1986, starting with traditional longbows and progressing to their current line, which includes longbows, flatbows, recurves, and their popular Fury and Fury Extreme models.
- The company is committed to producing custom-made, traditional bows that are designed to perform well and are built to last.
- Kohannah Bows is located at 3023 Swartz Rd, La Salle, MI 48145-9727.
- The company can be contacted by email or phone with questions and welcomes shop visits by appointment.
- Kohannah Bows is a small, family-owned business that has been producing high-quality traditional archery bows for over 35 years.
- The company’s bows are highly regarded by those who shoot them and are known for their quality and craftsmanship.
Unique Features Of Kohannah Bows
Here are some unique features of Kohannah Bows:
- Custom-made: Kohannah Bows are custom-made to the specifications of the customer. This means that each bow is unique and tailored to the individual archer.
- Traditional design: Kohannah Bows are traditional in design, and the company produces longbows, flatbows, recurves, and their popular Fury and Fury Extreme models.
- Deflex reflex design: The Kohannah Longbow and Windwalker models are based on a perfectly balanced deflex reflex design, which offers a smooth draw and eliminates hand shock.
- Choice of finish: Kohannah Bows offer a choice of finish, including satin and dull finishes, which allows the natural beauty of the wood grain to show without the risk of glare.
- Quality craftsmanship: Kohannah Bows are highly regarded for their quality and craftsmanship. The company is committed to producing custom-made, traditional bows that are designed to perform well and are built to last.
In summary, Kohannah Bows is a traditional archery bow manufacturer located in LaSalle, Michigan. The company produces custom-made, traditional bows that are designed to perform well and are built to last. Kohannah Bows are unique in their custom-made design, traditional style, deflex reflex design, choice of finish, and quality craftsmanship.
Kwikee Kwiver is a company that specializes in making quivers for archery and hunting. The company was founded in 1957 in Acme, Michigan by R.E. (Bob) Stinson.
Stinson invented the first Kwikee Kwiver in 1956, and it became so popular that Fred Bear, a famous bow hunter and archery equipment manufacturer, began selling it in his catalog.
The company moved to Williamsburg, Michigan in 2008. In 2014, Altus Brands LLC, a company based in Grawn, Michigan, acquired Kwikee Kwiver.
Today, Kwikee Kwiver continues to make high-quality quivers for archers and hunters, and their products are available on Amazon and other retailers.
Oneida Eagle Bows
Oneida Eagle Bows is a bow manufacturer that specializes in making lever-action bows. The company was founded in the 1940s in Oneida, New York, and moved to Michigan in the 1980s.
Oneida Eagle Bows has a long history of making high-quality bows, and their products are known for their unique blend of performance and feel. The company has gone through several changes in ownership over the years.
In 2007, the TV show Michigan Out Of Doors visited Oneida Bow to learn about the company’s history. In 2017, John Paul Morris acquired Oneida Eagle Bows and helped the company take a new direction in product development.
Morris knew Oneida had found its niche as the Cadillac of bowfishing bows, and he wanted to improve upon the company’s legendary designs and manufacturing experience to bring archers the best lever-action bows out there.
Today, Oneida Eagle Bows continues to manufacture high-quality lever-action bows in Michigan, and their products are available on their website and other retailers.
Unique Features Oneida Eagle Bows
Oneida Eagle Bows is a bow manufacturer that specializes in making lever-action bows. Their products have several unique features that set them apart from other bows:
- Lever-action design: Oneida Eagle Bows are known for their lever-action design, which gives them a unique feel and performance. The lever-action design allows for a smooth draw and let-off, while still providing plenty of power and energy.
- Recurve limb tips: Oneida Eagle Bows have recurve limb tips, which help to reduce noise and vibration during shooting.
- Machined-aluminum riser: The new riser design gives archers a long sight window for fast target acquisition with an ergonomic handle that greatly increases the hunter’s natural point of aim.
- High-performance outboard limbs: Oneida Eagle Bows have high-performance outboard limbs that provide exceptional all-around performance for both bowfishermen and bowhunters.
- Interchangeable module design: With its versatile and easy-to-maintain design, Oneida Eagle Bows offer a wide range of let-off adjustment with its interchangeable module design.
- Easy to maintain: Oneida Eagle Bows are easy to work on and allow many common adjustments in the field with just a few tools and no bowpress.
- Quality manufacturing: Oneida Eagle Bows are 100% American made by serious bowfishermen and hunters who understand just how important it is to shoot the best.
- Modern styling: Oneida Eagle Bows have a very unique appearance that stands out in the store or in your hand up on the trophy stand. The combination of recurve limb tips and state of the art cams jump out as modern and sleek.
These features make Oneida Eagle Bows a popular choice among archers and hunters who are looking for a high-performance bow with a unique feel and design.