The Tenpoint Nitro XRT crossbow, like any other product, may encounter a few common issues. Some reported problems include scope adjustment difficulties, firing failures, and noise/vibration concerns.
Tenpoint Nitro XRT
The TenPoint Nitro XRT is a high-performance crossbow known for its speed and compact design. Here are some specifications of the TenPoint Nitro XRT:
- Speed: The Nitro XRT is capable of shooting arrows at speeds up to 470 feet per second (FPS). This impressive speed is achieved through the use of RX7 cams and the Vector Quad 4 cable system.
- Weight: The crossbow itself weighs approximately 7.4 pounds, making it relatively lightweight and easy to handle.
- Draw Weight: The Nitro XRT has a draw weight of 225 pounds, which requires a certain level of strength to cock the crossbow.
- Width: When cocked, the Nitro XRT measures just 7 inches wide. This compact design allows for maneuverability in tight spaces and makes it easier to handle in the field.
- Power Stroke: The power stroke of the Nitro XRT is 16.5 inches. The power stroke is the distance the string travels from its resting position to its fully drawn position, and it affects the speed and power of the arrow.
- Overall Length: The Nitro XRT has an overall length of 30.7 inches. This compact size makes it easier to carry and maneuver in various hunting situations.
- Trigger: The Nitro XRT features a T-5 trigger, which is designed to provide a smooth and crisp trigger pull for improved accuracy.
Tenpoint Nitro XRT Problems
String and Cable Issues
The Tenpoint Nitro XRT crossbow may experience issues with its strings and cables. Here are some possible causes and solutions for these problems:
Causes of String and Cable Issues:
- Wear and Tear: Over time, the strings and cables of the crossbow can experience wear and tear, leading to fraying, stretching, or breaking.
- Improper Maintenance: Inadequate maintenance, such as not waxing the strings regularly or not inspecting them for damage, can contribute to string and cable issues.
- Incorrect Installation: If the strings and cables are not installed correctly or are not properly aligned, it can cause problems with the crossbow’s performance.
Solutions for String and Cable Issues:
- Regular Maintenance: It is important to regularly inspect the strings and cables for any signs of wear or damage. Apply string wax as recommended by the manufacturer to keep them in good condition.
- Replace Damaged Strings and Cables: If you notice any fraying, stretching, or broken strands in the strings or cables, it is advisable to replace them. Contact the manufacturer or a professional archery shop for assistance.
- Proper Installation: Ensure that the strings and cables are installed correctly and aligned properly. If you are unsure about the installation process, consult the owner’s manual or seek help from a professional.
Scope Adjustment Issues
The Tenpoint Nitro XRT crossbow may encounter problems with scope adjustment. Here are some possible causes and solutions for these issues:
Causes of Scope Adjustment Problems:
- Misalignment: If the scope is not properly aligned with the crossbow, it can result in inaccurate shots and difficulty in zeroing the scope.
- Loose Mounting: If the scope mounts are not securely tightened to the crossbow, the scope can move during shooting, leading to inconsistent accuracy.
- Improper Zeroing: If the scope is not zeroed correctly, it can cause shots to consistently miss the target or have inconsistent point of impact.
Solutions for Scope Adjustment Problems:
- Scope Alignment: Ensure that the scope is properly aligned with the crossbow. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for mounting the scope and use a leveling tool to ensure it is aligned correctly.
- Secure Mounting: Double-check that the scope mounts are securely tightened to the crossbow. Use the appropriate tools to tighten the mounting screws to the recommended torque.
- Zeroing Process: Follow the recommended zeroing process provided by the manufacturer. Start at a close range, such as 10 yards, and adjust the scope’s windage and elevation settings until the shots consistently hit the target. Gradually increase the distance and fine-tune the adjustments as needed.
Failing To Fire
Based on the search results, here are some possible causes and solutions for the Tenpoint Nitro XRT crossbow failing to fire:
- String and Cable Issues: Inspect the condition of the center serving on the bowstring. If you see any broken strands in the bowstring or center serving, it is recommended to have the string and cables replaced before shooting again. Contact Tenpoint customer support or a professional archery shop for assistance with replacing the string and cables.
- Dry-Fire Inhibitor: If you are experiencing issues with the crossbow being stuck on the dry-fire inhibitor, there are specific videos available for different cocking mechanisms (ACUdraw 50, ACUdraw, Dedd Sled 50) that provide instructions on how to remedy the issue. Refer to the owner’s manual or Tenpoint’s website for these instructional videos.
- Trigger Problems: If the trigger is not functioning properly or not resetting after firing, it is recommended to contact Tenpoint customer support for assistance. They can provide guidance on troubleshooting the trigger mechanism or arrange for any necessary repairs.
- Compatibility Issues: Ensure that you are using bolts or arrows that are specifically designed for the Nitro XRT crossbow and are within the recommended specifications provided by Tenpoint. Using incompatible bolts or arrows may cause firing issues.
- Safety Precautions: Always follow the safety guidelines outlined in the owner’s manual. Failure to do so may result in a loss of control, dry-firing the crossbow, or other safety hazards. Familiarize yourself with the proper handling procedures and safety features of the Nitro XRT.
Noise And Vibration
When it comes to addressing noise and vibration issues with the Tenpoint Nitro XRT crossbow, here are some potential causes and solutions:
- String and Cable Deterioration: Over time, the strings and cables on the crossbow may wear out or become damaged, leading to increased noise and vibration during shooting.
- Limb Dampeners: If the limb dampeners on the crossbow are worn out or not properly installed, they may not effectively reduce noise and vibration.
- Loose Components: Loose screws, bolts, or other components on the crossbow can contribute to excess noise and vibration.
- String and Cable Maintenance: Regularly inspect the strings and cables for any signs of wear or damage. If you notice any fraying or broken strands, it is recommended to replace the strings and cables. Contact Tenpoint customer support or a professional archery shop for assistance with replacing the strings and cables.
- Limb Dampener Replacement: Check the condition of the limb dampeners and replace them if they are worn out or damaged. Tenpoint offers limb dampeners specifically designed for their crossbows. Ensure that the dampeners are properly installed according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Tighten Loose Components: Carefully inspect the crossbow for any loose screws, bolts, or other components. Use the appropriate tools to tighten them securely, following the manufacturer’s recommended torque specifications.
- Use Dampening Accessories: Consider using additional dampening accessories, such as string suppressors or limb dampeners, to further reduce noise and vibration. Tenpoint offers a range of accessories that can help mitigate these issues.
It’s important to note that some level of noise and vibration is expected with any crossbow. However, if you find that the noise and vibration are excessive or affecting your shooting experience, it is recommended to reach out to Tenpoint customer support or consult with a professional archery technician for further assistance.
How do I cock the TenPoint Nitro XRT crossbow?
The TenPoint Nitro XRT crossbow can be cocked using a cocking device or a rope cocking aid. These tools help reduce the effort required to draw the string back to the fully cocked position.
What type of arrows should I use with the TenPoint Nitro XRT crossbow?
It is recommended to use arrows specifically designed for crossbows. These arrows are typically shorter and stiffer than arrows used for traditional bows. It is important to choose arrows that match the specifications and recommendations provided by the manufacturer.
How accurate is the TenPoint Nitro XRT crossbow?
The accuracy of the TenPoint Nitro XRT crossbow depends on various factors, including the skill of the shooter, the quality of the arrows, and the setup of the crossbow. With proper technique and practice, the Nitro XRT can be very accurate.
What is the effective range of the TenPoint Nitro XRT crossbow?
The effective range of a crossbow depends on factors such as the speed of the arrow, the trajectory, and the shooter’s skill. Generally, crossbows are effective for hunting within a range of 40 to 60 yards, but it is important to practice and understand the limitations of your specific crossbow.
How do I maintain and care for the TenPoint Nitro XRT crossbow?
Regular maintenance is important to keep your crossbow in good working condition. This includes lubricating the rail, checking the string and cables for wear, and inspecting the limbs and other components for any signs of damage. It is also recommended to store the crossbow in a dry and secure place when not in use.